Elizabeth Place, or the Henry Bond Fargo House, is a historic residence in Geneva, Illinois in the Mission Revival style.The house was owned by Henry Bond Fargo, a prominent local businessmen who brought several early industries to Geneva.
The population density was 2,321.4 people per square mile (895.9/km²).
There are 6,895 housing units at an average density of 820.2/sq mi (316.5/km²).
Geneva is also served by the Pace bus system run by Chicago's suburbs.
The following bus routes run through this city: As a part of the Chicago metropolitan area, Geneva has a station on the Union Pacific/West line of the Metra commuter rail system; it provides frequent service to downtown Chicago, 36 miles (58 km) away, and extends west to Elburn.
The connection of the railroad in 1853 provided increased demand for industry, and by 1900, Appleton Manufacturing, Howell Foundry, Bennet Milling Co., and Pope Glucose Co. This resulted in major civic improvement projects such as a pumping stations and water mains in 1896.
Geneva was particularly noted for its flux of Swedish immigrants, who comprised half of the population by 1900.
A courthouse and jail were among the first major works. While its site as a county seat attracted attention, the village's location on the Fox River provided the most economic opportunities.
Early goods manufactured in Geneva included cheese, butter, milled grains, and packed meat.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 12, 2008.
Geneva has been home to the Kane County Cougars of the Midwest League since 1991 when the Wausau Timbers relocated to Geneva from Wausau, Wisconsin.
On June 4, 1979, the windmill was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Dutch Mill.